Summer is the peak season for barbecues. As soon as the sun goes down in the evening, there is still the residual temperature of being roasted on the road during the day. After get off work, invite friends and colleagues to have a kebab together. Many people eat barbecue in addition to the strong aroma of charcoal grilling, as well as the sense of ritual of stringing skewers. Some friends will find that some barbecue shops use bamboo sticks, some barbecue shops use iron sticks, and the types of barbecues worn by sticks of different materials are also different. For friends who want to open a barbecue restaurant, it is necessary to know the basic knowledge of how to choose iron sticks and bamboo sticks. Next, I will tell you about the knowledge of barbecue bamboo sticks.
For barbecue restaurants, the choice of sticks also has a great impact on the taste of barbecue and the taste of diners’ skewers.
When making kebabs or larger ingredients such as chicken wings and drumsticks, it is more suitable to use an iron skewer.
1. Iron sticks are easier to wear than bamboo sticks.
2. The above-mentioned ingredients take a long time to cook to be fully cooked. If you use bamboo skewers, it will be easy to roast and break. At the same time, the thermal conductivity of metal is strong, the same heat, using iron skewers to cook faster and can reduce the adhesion of meat and bamboo skewers.
3. For barbecue restaurants, a lot of sticks are needed every day. The surface of the iron sticks is smooth and it is not easy to hide dirt and dirt. It is easier to clean and store for secondary use, and it is more environmentally friendly.
For the roasted meat packaged by the diners or the dressing of most vegetables, we basically use bamboo skewers.
The fact that the iron stick is relatively smooth determines that some vegetables are not suitable for wearing with iron sticks. For example, vegetables such as leeks have a lot of water. It is difficult to fix with iron sticks, easy to slide down, and it is not easy to turn over on the oven. The friction of the bamboo skewers themselves can better hold the vegetables.
Secondly, the use of thick bamboo skewers can be used for the purpose of strong skewers, that is, meat of the same size. The thicker the skewers used, the bigger the skewers.
How to prevent bamboo sticks from breaking when grilling?
Some barbecue beginners often encounter the phenomenon that the bamboo skewers of the skewers are grilled off. To prevent bamboo sticks from breaking, do the following:
1. Before using bamboo skewers to wear dishes, soak them in salt water first, which can not only effectively prevent barbs from appearing on the bamboo skewers, but also prevent the skewers from being roasted.
2. The length of the meat is preferably similar to the width of the barbecue stove, and the bamboo sticks should be exposed as little as possible before and after.
3. Pay attention to the control of the charcoal fire. If the charcoal is spread in different lengths and sizes when grilling things, or the charcoal is not fully burned, the oil dripping on the charcoal will catch fire, and it may also cause the bamboo skewer to be roasted.